.

Thursday, May 17, 2012

THE MACHINE

Last weekend we went to an estate sale, and it was such a fun activity to do together. Plus these people's house was  awesome; three stories with a hidden elevator. They ended up losing it because of the economy, so it was really sad and made me so thankful for the things we have and  really made me hope that we never have to go through something like that.
Jared and I each fell in love with something there, and I am so spoiled because I got what I wanted, needless to say my thing was only $40 while Jared's was $850...I guess that explains why I got what I wanted. Anyway here is what I got.....


The table that it came with is pretty beat up, but it is totally awesome! It is kind of vintage and was made in the early 70's. It appears to be very durable and well made. I am sure it will last me longer than any new machine (that I could afford) would. *fingers crossed*
Oh yeah the thing Jared wanted was a pool table, which we might have gotten if we had a place for it. It had barely been used and came with all the accessories. Great deal!

Well I am excited to try my new and first sewing machine out tomorrow. I will be making curtains using this tutorial. Wish me luck!!!

3 comments:

  1. Yay, I'm so excited for you. I just got my first sewing machine at Christmas and was determined to learn to sew, pretty much having no previous experience. It is surprising how much you can do/learn through tutorials online. I have been sewing like crazy lately, it has been sooo fun making all kinds of stuff! Let me know if you're looking for some fun sewing ideas, I have found a few recently and they have turned out really cute. I miss you guys. Hope you're doing well. We love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenna, we love and miss you guys too! Yeah, I don't know how women used to learn to sew without the internet!!! Yes, I am always looking for something new to sew so bring on the ideas... : )

      Delete
  2. Super cool sewing machine. You and Jared sound like Ryan and I, he always wants the BIG (and expensive) toys! I loved your post about your "baby" really cute!

    ReplyDelete